Juge : Honourable Frank M. E Schlesinger
Greffière : Vicky Jean
Procureurs : Dunton Rainville law firm
265, boulevard D’Anjou, bureau 101
Châteauguay (Québec) J6J 5J9
To reach us
By phone: 450.698.3246
By fax: 450.698.3259
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
from Monday to Thursday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. to 5 p.m. (closed from noon to 1:15 p.m.)
on Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Holiday period (December 24 up to and including January 2)
Municipal court jurisdiction
The Chateauguay Municipal Court district is governed by the Law on municipal courts. It is a tribunal accessible to citizens that offers an efficient justice system that is close at hand. It has jurisdiction over the territories of Chateauguay, Mercier, Léry, Beauharnois and Saint-Isidore. The municipal court has cognizance in the municipalities it serves in civil, criminal and penal matters.
The court hears cases on the following subjects:
- Infractions of municipal bylaws in the cities and towns it serves regarding, notably:
- parking and traffic
- fire prevention
- building maintenance
- public health and cleanliness
- orderliness, keeping the peace and public tranquility, etc.
- Infractions of Quebec provincial laws including, notably:
- the road safety Code
- the Law governing off-road vehicles
- the Law governing heavy goods vehicles
- the Law governing tobacco, etc.
- The municipality's claims in accordance with the Quebec Civil Code regarding:
- municipal taxes
- tariff bylaws of the municipalities served
- Legal proceedings in accordance with section XXVII of the Criminal Code
The Municipal Court generally is in session on Tuesday and/or Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. It is presided over by a judge named by the Quebec Justice Ministry.
To download forms, please click here.