Taxibus: a supplementary service to better serve our customers
What is the Taxibus Service?
Taxibus is on-call public transit that CITSO (Conseil intermunicipal de transport du Sud-Ouest) set up to complete its service to areas where buses do not run outside of rush hours. The Taxibus passengers can transfer to bus lines 31 and 32.
As for service in the industrial park, passengers will transfer to the bus routes in service at the intersection of Saint-Francis and Saint-Jean-Baptiste (Pétro-Canada).
- Châteauguay North
- Musical Village
- Industrial Park
How to access the taxibus service?
You should :
- Take note of the number that appears at the bottom of the CITSO bus stop sign that is closest to your home
- With the help of the CITSO regular service bus schedule, choose the time when you want to take the 31 or 32 bus (those highlighted in yellow) at the stop located at the intersection of Saint-Joseph and D’Anjou boulevards
- Call 450-699-2250 at least one hour before the time of the departure to make your request.
- Take note of the time when the Taxibus will pick you up at your stop. This information will be provided to you by the dispatcher..
When returning, you must :
Call 450-699-2250 at least one hour before your departure and disembark at the bus stop at the intersection of Saint-Joseph and D’Anjou boulevards. The Taxibus will return you to the CITSO stop closest to your home.
Guidelines for the supplementary citso taxibus service
- Reservation: The user must make a reservation or modification at least one hour before the departure listed on the regular service bus schedule for routes 31 or 32 (those highlighted in yellow on the schedule only);
- All reservations must be made by the passenger, at no time can the bus driver make a reservation for the Taxibus
- Details to be provided: when making a reservation the passenger must give his or her name, telephone number, the bus stop number, the method of payment to be used, as well as the time when they wish to travel.
- Passengers who wish to travel using a monthly OPUS card must first register it with the CITSO office at 450-698-3030.
- Cancelation: A passenger who wishes to cancel their reservation should do so by contacting the Taxibus service at least 30 minutes before the time when the bus will depart and give his or her name and the date and time of the reservation to be cancelled. A penalty is provided for any passenger who is not present at the stop without having first cancelled their reservation. After 3 such incidences, CITSO can prohibit the passenger from using the Taxibus service in the future.
- Method of payment :
- Monthly OPUS card – previously registered with CITSO
- Cash – in the Taxibus, the driver will provide change if required.
The 10-trip tickets are not accepted for the Taxibus.
When cash is paid to the bus driver or Taxibus driver they will provide a paper transfer ticket.
Paper tickets and the 10-trip tickets will be accepted until they run out or until further notice from CITSO.
There is no additional cost required for the use of the Taxibus service. If you take the bus the driver will give you a transfer. If you need to take the bus you pay the local fare.
Regular local Châteauguay 3.05 $ / Reduced local Chateauguay : 1.85 $
Châteauguay Angrignon : 3.80 $ / Reduced Châteauguay Angrignon : 2.30 $
15, Boul. Maple
Châteauguay. Qc J6J 1X2
Tel : 450-698-3030